1. What reforms to the US immigration system do you support? Why?
Immigrants are essential for the U.S. economy. We need qualified, vetted, immigrants legally present in America. The de facto open border policy of the Biden administration was wrong. The Biden immigration policy has benefited the legal profession, not the American People. Business is great for immigration lawyers. But some like former lawyer Alexandra Lozano, "La Luz del Camino Legal", defrauded her clients. Most of my family came to America from Ireland. My maternal great-grandmother was Jewish. I have worked with and support immigrants are naturalized citizens. In Pennsylvania I was a licensed motor vehicle dealer with many immigrant customers. I support secure boarders because we need to know who is in our county, who is in our home. Immigrants' background must be vetted. I support the lawful removal of people who enter the United States illegally, but not the spectacle created by activists confronting ICE. I also support a path to citizenship for immigrants who follow the rules.
Photo: Neil Gillespie October 20, 2022 working at NPSG Caddell at Walmart Brooksville FL
2. Name your top two legislative priorities for the next Congressional term.
My top three legislative priorities (not two) for the next congress: 1. Restore checks and balances in government, separation of powers. Lawyers admitted to practice are officers of the court, part of the judicial branch of government, and must not serve in elected office in the legislature or executive branch. 2. Health care reform. I was born needing craniofacial surgery but my insurance denied coverage for surgery when I was age 18 under a preexisting condition clause. I propose national health coverage, with the ability to opt-out. Trial Lawers add excessive costs, and force doctors to practice defensive medicine. 3. Guarantee the safety of Jews in the United States. America is the promised land that defeated fascism in Europe in 1945. Unfortunately, Israel cannot protect Jews. Its wars are creating antisemitism worldwide. Prime Minister YitzhakRabin made peace with the Palestinians (Oslo Accords). But on Nov-04-1995, an Israeli, Yigal Amir, murdered Rabin, ending the peace plan.
Freedom of speech is the right to express opinions and ideas without fear. First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." That means we are not a "Christian Nation" as some claim. Catholics, Jews, Hindus, and Muslims are not "Christians". Also, the right to "petition the Government for a redress of grievances" is under threat with our current broken court system. Twenty-one years ago (in 2005) I sued a Florida law firm for stealing money from my settlement in a civil case. The courts could not resolve the case after 20 years, so I dropped it in 2025. Too many people end up suing their crooked lawyers. One well-known case is "Take Care of Maya", Maya Kowalski's family, who sued their former attorneys over alleged mishandling of settlement funds.
4. What role do you believe the federal government should play in education at the pre-school level, K-12 level and higher education?
Parents have the most important role in the education of their children. My parents sent me to Catholic elementary school (grades 1-8) and Catholic high school (grades 9-12) where I was raised in Levittown, PA. The state, when acting "in loco parentis", is responsible for the child's safely at school. In higher education, students age 18 and older are generally considered adults for legal and institutional purposes. On September 27, 2016, I wrote President Obama about an African-American schoolgirl in Ocala who needed assistance attending public school, which is a federally protected activity under 18 U.S.C. § 245(b)(2)(A). The Ocala Star-Banner reported a racial incident at West Port High School where 3 students taunted the Black student while waiving Con-federate flags. The 15 year-old African-American victim being intimidated by whites was wrongly cited by the police in lieu of arrest. Obama never responded. Florida AG Pam Bondi failed to classify this as a hate crime. (FS 775.085)

No comments:
Post a Comment