Monday, October 5, 2026

Neil J. Gillespie Candidate Survey Responses to Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce 2026 General Elections Voter Guide

Neil J. Gillespie Candidate Survey Responses to Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce 2026 General Elections Voter Guide

1. What motivated you to run for office?

Lawfare and lack of due process in our state and federal courts. Our first president, George Washington, warned us about political parties in his Farewell Address. That is why I am a "No Party Affiliation" (NPA) candidate. Washington emphasized three points: 1) The importance of unity as a Nation; 2) The danger of party loyalty over the interests of our Nation; 3) The danger of foreign entanglements. We The People Can Do Better.

Photo: Neil J. Gillespie, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School Graduation, May 21, 1989

2. What is your professional experience, and how does that experience qualify you for the office you are seeking?

I am founder and director of Justice Network, engaged in advocacy, education, news gathering and dissemination, and helping people fight injustice. I moved to Florida from Pennsylvania in 1993 where I was a licensed motor vehicle dealer. I am a capitalist. I am a graduate of the Wharton School, Evening Division, of the University of Pennsylvania (ABA), and of The Evergreen State College (BA). We The People Can Do Better.

3. If elected, what will be your top priorities?

Restore integrity in our government through the separation of powers doctrine. U.S. District Judge Pamela Chen says "The concept of separation of powers is what makes America great. It is absolutely the genius of our democracy". Also the First Amendment: Freedom of speech and the press, separation of church and state, freedom of peaceful assembly, and right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, including the writ of habeas corpus. We The People Can Do Better.

No comments:

Post a Comment